Dec 28, 2012

I'm Turning Into A Girly Girl?!

I've never been a girly girl even when I was little kid. If you look at our old photo albums, you'd see me wearing skirts and dresses that my mom forced me to wear. And most likely, you'd see me with open legs, not minding how I look.

I was never comfortable in dresses and skirts. I may not have the perfectly shaped legs, but that's not actually the reason why I avoid wearing girly clothes altogether. I guess I feel like when you're wearing skirts or girly clothes, boys look at you like you're a damsel in distress. And I'm far from being an innocent little princess. ;)

I know, I'd get a lot of hate messages just because of that last paragraph, but that was how I looked at it before. I prefer to wear anything comfortable that will still make me look chic without the added hassle of worrying about something slipping or that I should close my legs when sitting down.

I make up for my lack of gracefulness and girly-ness with my overall look. I learned how to use makeup on my own this year. I'm embracing wearing high-heeled shoes that are comfortable to wear. I'm also going for more girly blouses. I've grown to love wearing skinny jeans too.

I'm no girly girlI was still learning how to use makeup properly, so this isn’t really a good example. I’m just showing you the blouse I was wearing. :D

However, I almost always go back to wearing my comfy blouses and shirts, my trusty flip-flops and just go out on a pretty made-up face. I love makeup, which is probably the most girly side of me that you'd get. :D

I love tinkering with computers. I can network computers. I design websites and blogs. I'm independent. I'm one of the boys - cowboy ika nga. A low maintenance type of gal. To some, that might sound or look intimidating, but I consider myself a passionate romantic. Almost a hopeless romantic. Almost. ;)

For 2013, as soon as I reach my goal weight, I'm planning on buying more girly clothes. No, not dresses or skirts. Maybe I'd buy a pair just so I can wear it on top of my skinny jeans or something. I'm holding off on buying new clothes 'cause I don't want to waste money and then ending up not wearing them cause I've lost weight. Yes, I'm hopeful and determined to make it happen! Maybe by my 33rd birthday (argh), I'll wear something more girly-girl. Maybe. We'll see. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a Google or OpenID account, please use select Name/URL so I know who you are. Thanks for visiting!

Disqus for Just Another Pixel