Sep 7, 2013

I Miss Working in an Office... Nahhh

It's been over a year since I started working online. I love every minute of it, but there are days when I miss working in an office.

Working from home

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I don't have to wake up 3-4 hours before the start of my shift to prepare and travel to the office. I can even wake up a few minutes before my shift and I'll be okay.

Working from home has benefitted me because I was able to actually save money. I also get to rest more and have more time for my family since I don't lose almost 6 hours for traveling to and from work.

With that said, though, somehow, I miss getting up early and preparing for work. I miss getting dressed up and made up. I guess I miss having to look professional at work.

Day to Night Office wear

Not that I'm not professional in my online work. But, this time, there's no pressure. I can even work while in my pajamas!

I'm sure I'm not the only one. Many of my fellow online workers miss that too. Men wearing their polo or suits to work, armed with their briefcases or man-purses. ;) Women wearing their high-heeled shoes, skirts or slacks on with their face all dolled up.

Men's office clothes

Of course, aside from this, I miss bonding with colleagues. Sure, I have fun with my team through Skype, but actually being around people is exciting and can be very entertaining.

With all that said, however, I wouldn't trade my current online work to any office job. Well, unless the office is just a 15-minute ride away from me. That might change my mind. ;)

To my fellow online workers out there, tell me: what do you love most about working from home? What do you miss about working in an office?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a Google or OpenID account, please use select Name/URL so I know who you are. Thanks for visiting!

Disqus for Just Another Pixel