Dec 23, 2012

The X Factor USA : Why Carly Rose Lost to Tate Stevens

The X Factor USA

As I have predicted it, Tate Stevens won The X Factor USA over Carly Rose Sonenclar. I knew it'll be a tight race between the two, but I sure was hoping Carly Rose will win in the end. I guess Tate's sincere enjoyment of what he's doing, his lovable personality, irresistible smile, and, of course, his amazing voice won the hearts of voters a thousand times over.

 

The X Factor USA Judges

This is actually my first time to watch The X Factor (didn’t even watch the local version). When I learned that Britney Spears will be judging alongside Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and L.A. Reid, I just had to watch! I've been a fan of Britney ever since and I've looked forward to the day that I see her back on her feet again. Though most of her comments were a little generic, I think she did an awesome job! :)

The X Factor USA judges - Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, Simon Cowell and LA Reid

I honestly didn’t pay attention to Demi Lovato before even when I listened and liked some of her songs. This time though, I found myself agreeing many times to what she had to say. And I loved how feisty she was towards Simon. Hahaha! I think he finally met his match! Plus, I absolutely enjoyed her performance with Fifth Harmony. They rocked! :)

To be quite honest, I don't like the format of The X Factor. I LOVE the concept of The Voice more than any other singing competitions on TV, but I love the unique arrangements of the songs on The X Factor. Most of them don't work as well as the others. In the end though, I became a fan of the show, even with those awkward times when the hosts Khloe Kardashian-Odom and Mario Lopez (I have a big crush on him ^_^) will cut off someone still speaking just so they could continue with the show. :D

 

The X Factor USA Finalists

Carly Rose vs Tate Stevens

I loved Carly Rose Sonenclar ever since she sang Brokenhearted, originally by Karmin (who I adore!!). Her voice is AMAZING and how she interpreted the song was just crazy!! Will.i.am put it quite well - 'she's like a little caterpillar. And you'd think she'll turn into a butterfly, but then she turns into a dragon'. Well, not exactly (word for word) what he said, but you get the gist. Watch her video below and be awed! ;)

Week after week, I looked forward to Carly Rose's performance. I think hers and Fifth Harmony's are the only performances that I never skipped or fast-forwarded while watching.

Carly Rose Sonenclar should've been The X Factor USA winner

However, as the show went along, there were times when I feel like she thinks too much and every high note she hits is calculated. Still, she's amazing with that very soulful voice. I've been rooting for her since the very beginning. I really wished and thought she'd win The X Factor USA Season 2 hands down, so I was surprised when Tate won.

 

Why Did Carly Rose Lose to Tate Stevens?

When I watched the finale night, I was looking forward to a Carly Rose victory. When I watched the last performances for the second time, I quite understood why Tate won. He seemed to really enjoy himself when he was performing, especially when he was on-stage with Little Big Town.

A lot of people say that LeAnn Rimes' performance with Carly Rose cost the little diva the win, including her parents, but to be quite honest, I don’t think that’s the reason why she lost. It sure was funny that LeAnn Rimes thought Carly Rose needed HER help. She’s a good singer, but dang! She’s a mess! I wish they paired Carly Rose with Trisha Yearwood instead if they had to keep “How Do I Live” as her song for the duet.

LeAnn Rimes with Carly Rose at The X Factor USA finale

There were others who say that Carly Rose was a spoiled kid, which is just unfair and judgmental. She seems like a really good kid, quite mature for her age, so I don’t agree with their impression of her.

Another thing, Carly Rose's competitiveness wasn't liked by many. I’ve watched videos of her performances on Youtube and I’ve read many comments about her being too competitive. She needed to sincerely enjoy herself more. Considering she's only 13, you'd think she'll have more fun. But, her competitiveness really beats the kid in her. I still wish she won ‘cause she’s got the X factor. Her voice is incredibly beautiful!! ;)

Lastly, I think the young vote was split between Carly and Fifth Harmony. That’s why there should only be a Final 2 next time.

Tate Stevens, on the other hand, has this image of a family guy, a loyal and loving husband (I see a lot of women rooting for him just because of this!) and an older guy who considers THIS as his first and last chance to make his dreams a reality. C’mon, who wouldn’t vote for THAT guy, right?!

Tate Stevens is The X Factor USA Season 2 winner

One thing's for sure – Carly’s got a bright future ahead of her and I'll continue to be one of her fans! And I think she’ll even be more successful than Tate. Or maybe I’ll notice her more ‘cause of her genre. What do you think? :)

 

Fifth Harmony

Fifth Harmony - though I love them to death, I knew they couldn't win over Tate or Carly Rose. But, dang! I am a BIG fan of these 5 ladies! Allyson Brooke Hernandez, Normani Kordei Hamilton, Lauren Michelle Jauregui, Karla Camila Cabello, and Dinah Jane Hensen — these are the names I'm sure we all won't forget.

Fifth Harmony of The X Factor USA - the next girl group to watch!

I'm looking forward to Fifth Harmony's career. As what Simon Cowell said during the early part of the competition, the music and entertainment scene in the US needs a new girl group. And I can't wait to listen to Fifth Harmony's own music! Woohoo! :)

I think this group is a very good role model for the young girls today. Mixed races, mixed personalities and even body types. They’re all lovable and seem to have be really good kids. That’s why I think, they’ll be very successful. :)

Now that The Voice (my #1 favorite singing competition on TV) and The X Factor USA are off the air, I can't wait for American Idol. I'm not looking forward to the new judges 'cause I'm honestly tired of Randy Jackson, and I don't like Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj as his fellow judges, so I hope we can all focus on the talent. Are we going to see another Jessica Sanchez?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a Google or OpenID account, please use select Name/URL so I know who you are. Thanks for visiting!

Disqus for Just Another Pixel